Fresh strawberries, sliced avocados, slivered almonds and feta cheese all tossed together with a homemade poppyseed dressing. This strawberry avocado spinach salad is so fresh snd delicious and one that everyone will be raving about!
Salads are light, fresh and full of flavor if made right! Strawberries are my favorite in salads and these salads are the perfect example: Mouthwatering Strawberry Spinach Salad, Strawberry Spinach Salad with Glazed Walnuts and Feta Cheese or Strawberry, Apple and Pear Spinach Salad with and Apple Cider Poppyseed Dressing.
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Today I am sharing with you my favorite salad in the whole entire world. (No exaggeration!) I know that’s saying a lot! This is my go-to salad for any gathering and is requested every time! The fresh strawberries and avocado help to make this salad delicious. But it is the creamy poppyseed dressing on the top that is to die for! Every bite is a dream.
I love that strawberries are starting to come into season. This makes the salad even better! Everything in this salad looks so good, I could hardly cut the avocado and strawberries fast enough before I ate them one by one. Then add this tasty dressing into the mix. This poppyseed dressing is hands-down one of the best out there. It gives the salad such an amazing creamy and sweet flavor. You have to experience the amazingness of this salad for yourself! I know you’ll be just as obsessed with it as I am.
Ingredients for the Salad and Dressing
This strawberry avocado spinach salad is best served fresh and after being tossed together. Add all the ingredients together in one bowl and prepare to be amazed! This salad has a crunchy, soft fruity texture with an amazing poppyseed dressing drizzled overtop. It’s the perfect light and refreshing lunch and so delicious!
- Baby Spinach: I like to wash and prepare my spinach before tossing it all together. You can also use baby kale if you prefer!
- Strawberries: Slice in half or slices. I love using my strawberry slicer.
- Avocados: Large avocados sliced in thin slices.
- Almonds: Buy them already sliced or chopped up.
- Feta Cheese: Crumble the cheese over top the salad to add in a delicious touch.
For the Dressing:
- Mayonnaise: Acts as a creamy base for the dressing.
- Milk: 2% or whole milk is best. It adds a smooth and rich texture to the dressing.
- Sugar: For a hint of sweetness!
- Cider Vinegar: Adds a delicious, tangy flavor to the spinach avocado strawberry salad. It tastes amazing with the fresh fruit and greens.
- Poppyseeds: Poppyseeds are always a hit in salads and add the perfect touch of color and texture.
How to Make Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Fall in love with how quickly and tasty this strawberry avocado spinach salad comes together. Mouthwatering salad is in the works and so simple to make. Add all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl and enjoy within minutes. All fresh ingredients makes this salad even better!
- Combine ingredients: In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados, almonds, and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately: Serve salad immediately and garnish with more feta cheese and almonds if desired.
Making the Dressing:
Creamy poppyseed dressing will go a long way with this easy to make
Storing Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad:
Usually this strawberry salad is gone within serving it. It is my most popular salad and for good reason. This tried and true salad is delicious and the most flavorful dish! It is best to serve cold and immediately after being tossed together.
- Making Ahead Salad: Prepare and add all the ingredients together in a bowl or even separate bowls until ready to toss together. Place in the refrigerator and mix together within a few hours of preparing.
- The Dressing: The poppyseed dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Place in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Refrigerating: This salad is best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. If the salad is already tossed together with the dressing it will last in the refrigerator 24 hours. Keeping the dressing separate will help the salad last 2 to 3 days however, it is still best fresh. The strawberries and avocados do turn colors and even lose their flavoring once sliced.
More Salad Favorites:
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing:
Originally Posted on May 1, 2014
Calories218kcal (11%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein4g (8%)Fat18g (28%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Cholesterol9mg (3%)Sodium136mg (6%)Potassium437mg (12%)Fiber5g (20%)Sugar7g (8%)Vitamin A2094IU (42%)Vitamin C22mg (27%)Calcium85mg (9%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.