If you’re a peanut butter lover, meet your new favorite dessert! Peanut butter rice krispie treats are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that combines the creamy goodness of peanut butter with the satisfying crunch of Rice Krispies. They have a chewy texture and a sweet, nutty flavor that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
As simple as they may be, rice krispie treats are one of my favorite desserts. Nothing beats that chewy, marshmallowy goodness! After you make these heavenly peanut butter rice krispie treats, you’ll have to try scotcharoos, Lucky Charms treats, or brown butter rice krispie treats!
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that is both tasty and easy to make, peanut butter rice krispie treats are the way to go! We all know that rice krispies are the ultimate easy dessert to feed a crowd, but adding peanut butter makes them even better! The combo of creamy peanut butter and crunchy rice krispies creates a delightful texture that is hard to resist. Plus, who doesn’t love a good snack that can be whipped up in under 30 minutes?
These treats are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a last-minute dessert for a party or a sweet treat to satisfy your cravings. And if you’re a fan of peanut butter, you’ll be in heaven with every bite. The peanut butter flavor shines through in every square, creating a delicious and satisfying snack. So, why not try making peanut butter rice krispie treats today and see for yourself how delicious they truly are? Your family will go crazy over them!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Rice krispie treats are one of my favorite desserts to make because they use super simple ingredients. Grab that bag of mini marshmallows in your pantry and let’s get started! Note: exact measurements can all be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Unsalted Butter: Butter makes everything better! It adds richness and depth of flavor to these peanut butter rice krispie treats that you just can’t get from anything else. So don’t skimp on this crucial ingredient, trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
- Mini Marshmallows: Now, let’s talk about the star of the show, mini marshmallows. They melt down into a gooey, sticky mess that holds the treats together and adds a sweetness that perfectly complements the peanut butter. Plus, who doesn’t love the satisfying sound of the first crunch into a marshmallow-filled treat? It’s like music to my ears.
- Rice Krispies Cereal: And speaking of satisfying, rice krispies are the perfect addition to these treats. Their crunchy texture adds a satisfying contrast to the gooey marshmallow and peanut butter mixture.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: This is the backbone of the treats, giving them that nutty flavor that we all know and love. And when it’s melted down and mixed in with the marshmallows and rice krispies? It’s pure magic. If you only have crunchy peanut butter on hand, no worries! That will also work!
- Marshmallow Fluff: And last but not least, marshmallow fluff. This fluffy, sticky ingredient adds extra sweetness and a touch of creaminess to these treats. You can buy it from the store or try making it from scratch! Because let’s be honest, everything is better when it’s homemade!
How to Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Ready to make the best rice krispies of your life? Each square is filled with nutty, buttery flavor and a soft, chewy texture that is too good to resist. I don’t blame you if you want to keep the pan for yourself!
- Prepare Pan, Melt Peanut Butter: Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Microwave the peanut butter in 30 second intervals until melted and liquid.
- Marshmallow Mixture: In a large pot, melt the butter and mini marshmallows together over medium-low heat.
- Add Rice Cereal: Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Stir in Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Fluff: When the Rice Krispies are mostly coated, drizzle the melted peanut butter over them and add the marshmallow fluff in a few dollops.
- Fold: Gently fold in the peanut butter and fluff until marbled throughout the Rice Krispies.
- Add to Pan: Pour the mixture into the prepared pans spread evenly. Avoid pressing them down, as that can make them dense.
- Cool and Set: Let cool for 1-2 hours before cutting
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
Even though these treats are so easy to make, getting the perfect consistency can be a little tricky. These are a few of my favorite tips to ensure yours aren’t anything short of amazing! Soft, peanut butter goodness, coming right up!
- Melting Your Marshmallows: When it comes to melting the butter and marshmallows, it’s important to do it slowly and stir frequently. You don’t want the mixture to burn or get too hot, as it can affect the final texture of the treats. Use a low heat setting and stir frequently until the marshmallows are fully melted and combined with the butter.
- Grease Your Spatula: To keep the rice krispie mixture from sticking to your spoon or spatula, spray it with nonstick spray before you fold all of your ingredients together.
- Mix Gently: To keep your peanut butter rice krispies light and airy, use a gentle hand when combining all of the ingredients.
- More Texture: You can add more texture and crunch to your treats by mixing in chopped nuts or pretzels. Small pieces of candy like Reese’s Pieces work great as well! This will give your treats an extra layer of crunch and make them even more satisfying to eat.
- Add a Layer of Chocolate: If you’re a fan of chocolate, you can also add a layer of melted chocolate on top of your treats or mix in some chocolate chips to the mixture before pressing it into the pan. This will give your treats a delicious chocolatey flavor and take them to the next level. You could also use white chocolate or butterscotch chips if you prefer!
If you have leftovers of this tasty treat, here’s how to keep them fresh! No matter how you choose to store your rice krispies, just make sure they’re in an airtight container to keep them from drying out.
- At Room Temperature: Store for up to 3 days either wrapped in plastic wrap or in a sealed container.
- In the Refrigerator: Peanut butter rice krispies will last for a week in an airtight container. Just keep in mind that the lower temperatures can cause the rice krispies to harden.
- In the Freezer: These rice krispie treats can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Wrap bars in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag. When you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw at room temperature for an hour or two.
Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Heat the peanut butter in 30 second intervals until melted and liquid.
In a large pot, melt the butter and mini marshmallows together over medium-low heat.
Once melted remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
When the Rice Krispies are mostly coated, drizzle the melted peanut butter over them and add the marshmallow fluff in a few dollops.
Gently fold in the peanut butter and fluff until marbled throughout the Rice Krispies.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pans spread evenly. Avoid pressing them down, as that can make them dense.
Let cool for 1-2 hours before cutting.
Calories375kcal (19%)Carbohydrates52g (17%)Protein5g (10%)Fat18g (28%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat2gMonounsaturated Fat6gTrans Fat0.4gCholesterol27mg (9%)Sodium188mg (8%)Potassium109mg (3%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar27g (30%)Vitamin A1557IU (31%)Vitamin C12mg (15%)Calcium12mg (1%)Iron6mg (33%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.